I love that the organization where I work is committed to helping it's employees become more active and lead healthier lifestyles. Right now, we are having our Amazing Race competition between teams to see who can walk to Miami (not literally, but 1,320 miles) first. On top of that, I'm lucky to be able to help plan out our quarterly runs that employees and their families can participate in. We are looking for our inaugural run to be the National Veterans Day Run on November 15th. This is significant because, as a part of HCA, we are committed to supporting our military (current, past and present), so this a great way that we can come out to show our support to our military community!
On top of this, there are quite a few fun-runs coming up in the next few months that I am super-pumped about! Trying to tackle quite a few with the hopes that my husband will want to train with and participate in these events with me! The events that I am looking forward to are:
- Cobra Brewing 5K, August 8th in Lewisville (free craft beer at the end, I'm in! This is def one that is only for the hubs and I!)
- Run 4 Hope 5K, September 12th in Coppell
- Neon Dash (5K), September 26th in Arlington
- The Super Run (5K), October 17th in McKinney
- 10th Annual Halloween Hustle (5K), October 24th in McKinney
- I Am Second (10K), November 7th in Plano
- National Veterans Day Run (5K), November 15th at Bachman Lake Park in Dallas
- Girls On The Run (5K), November 21st in Dallas
- Deck The Trails (3M), December 5th in Coppell
- Showtime! 2015 Dallas Marathon (13.1M), December 13th in Dallas
That should get us through the rest of the year, but already looking forward to a few new-to-me runs next Spring!
Stay tuned... lots more to come!