- I was elated to complete my first half marathon!
- My favorite experience is any and all time spent with my family; we got to take in quite a few shows and events this year, had a blast having fun and making memories!
- If I had a free day (hahaha... what is that?!), I like to: get a pedi, go shopping at Hobby Lobby, take a nap, read, try new recipes.
- My favorite book of the year is Through the Eyes of a Lion, and my favorite movie (which is a no-brainer!) is Furious 7.
- 2015 is also the year that I had to say good-bye to one of the most important women in my life, my great-grandmother. Although I miss her terribly, I know that she is in Heaven watching over all of us, showing us she's still with us in small ways. If ever there was a woman to aspire to be like, she's the one.
As I look forward to 2016, I'm very excited for the potential of this new year!
- I'm going to keep up my running, and actually begin training for my first marathon, which is slated for October 2016 - in Chicago! I also plan to take my running off of the paved roads and try my hand at trail running.
- I will continue to be intentional in my parenting and with my time. I feel that so many times, it's easy to get caught up in the day-to-day schedules, goings-on, etc; but it is my goal to continue to spend at least twenty minutes, three times a week, with one of my children and focus on them, do what they'd like to do, talk about what they'd like to talk about in that time. Time flies by so fast, and I don't want to miss anything!
- It's also my goal to continue being purposeful in my marriage. Regardless of what is going on in our lives, I'm so thankful that we make it a point to spend time, just the two of us, and reconnect and tell each other what's going on, what's tripping us up, what we're looking forward to.
- I love continuing to strengthen my relationship with God, our church and our community. It is very rewarding to see what a positive impact, even small actions, can have on the daily lives of those in our community! I'm so proud that my son is devoted to his youth group, and excited to see his relationship with God deepening as well!
- New goal: to be more spontaneous and adventurous! I tend to be a creature of habit, and like having things well-thought out, and well-planned. But, I also envy those who can just be spontaneous and "go with the flow", so a new goal for me this year is to be more spontaneous.
- I feel that God has placed a calling deep into my heart, and will begin exploring how my husband and I can become foster parents in the future. There are so many children in our nation, in our world, who need an adult to love them, provide for them, make sure they're safe and healthy, to care for them. I feel God pulling me in this direction, and I'm very happy about this calling.
- Some of the places that I hope to visit this next year are Chicago, Vegas and Florida.
- I'll also be enrolling in some photography classes and maybe digital editing, to continue to develop my craft, and not only take awesome photos for my family, but create stunning imagery for my blog!
I'm excited to see what God has in store for my family and I this next year, and thank Him for the blessed year that we have had!