- 1 lb ground beef (could use turkey also, I bet it would be just as tasty!)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 16 oz can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 16 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilies
Start by browning the ground beef in a large soup pot. Drain any fat from the beef (I like to rinse the beef in cold water to help pull more of the fat off) and return to the pot.
Stir in the taco seasoning, corn, black beans, and green chilies. In a blender add the stewed tomatoes and diced tomatoes and blend well, into a sauce. Add the tomato sauce to the pot and stir well. Let simmer on a low heat for 20 to 30 minutes. I also added a pinch of salt and some pepper while simmering.
I garnished the chili with some shredded cheese and green onions and served with some mini cheese quesadillas. It was yummy and so filling!
© Cruzin' Thru | 2014